- Corrections Officer (Male, Full-Time, Eligibility List) • More Information (29607 kb)
CORRECTIONS OFFICER (MALE, FULL-TIME, ELIGIBILITY LIST)Green Lake County is collecting applications for an expected upcoming vacancy for a full-time Corrections Officer (Male) within the Green Lake County Sheriff's Office. Under the general supervision of the Corrections Administrator, it is the responsibility of the Corrections Officer (Male) to maintain and oversee the operations of the correctional facility, working a schedule in accordance with the needs of the Sheriff's Office.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of a Corrections Officer:
- Book and release inmates, ensuring adherence to appropriate paperwork.
- Perform security checks on inmates, as required by policy; log checks; refer inmates for medical situations.
- Maintain jail log and jail records; perform required data entry.
- Regulate visitation; regulate other activities for inmates.
- Monitor activity of Huber inmates, perform check-ins and check-outs, and verify continuing Huber status.
- Serve meals; remove meal trays.
Successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent (post high school education is preferred), a valid driver's license, and experience and/or training working in civil or military law enforcement which provides the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge. Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20. Must obtain CPR, AED, TIME System, and Corrections Officer Certification within one year of hire. Click the "More Information" link above for a full job description.
Applications may be downloaded at http://www.co.green-lake.wi.us/employment.html, or picked up at the County Administrator's Office. Applications must be submitted online, via email (email@example.com), or turned into the County Administrator's Office. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Green Lake County is an equal opportunity employer.
All hiring, promotion practices, and other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained and conducted in a manner which does not illegally discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that it is the policy of Green Lake County to accept applications only for positions that are currently open to the public. To be considered for employment a completed Green Lake County Employment Application must be submitted. Resumes submitted in addition to the application are welcome but not required.